Dependable Garbage Disposal Installation in Harrisonburg, VA
Maintaining the garbage disposal in your kitchen will help you keep it at peak performance. Despite your best efforts, it will break down over time and you’ll need a new garbage disposal installed. When your kitchen needs a new disposal, R.C. Gochenour and Son Plumbing LLC is here to help. We take pride in our reputation in the Harrisonburg community and our commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
Solving Your Garbage Disposal Problems
Garbage disposals can encounter various issues over time, such as motor malfunctions, jammed blades, or leaks. These problems not only disrupt the functionality of your disposal but also lead to foul odors and potential water damage. Our garbage disposal installations cater to both replacements of old units and the installation of new disposals, ensuring seamless and efficient operations.
We can provide services for both options:
- Continuous Feed – This is the most widely available type of garbage disposal. Most households feature a continuous feed unit. They are easy to use and easy on the budget. This makes them a popular choice for many customers. We recommend continuous feed garbage disposals for those who prefer convenience on a budget, and for households that routinely produce a large amount of leftover food waste.
- Batch Feed – Batch feed garbage disposals are designed to prioritize safety. You can only operate a batch feed unit when the drain is covered; once the cover is on and the unit is running, you will need to wait until that “batch” is done before depositing more food waste. Batch feed units can cost over twice as much as a standard continuous feed unit. But for households that are looking for a safer alternative, batch feed garbage disposals are worth the extra cost. Whether you prefer a simple entry-level unit or a high-efficiency device, we’re here to help you select and install the garbage disposal that best meets your needs and budget.
How We Can Help
With decades of experience in the plumbing industry, R.C. Gochenour and Son Plumbing LLC possesses the expertise to handle a wide range of garbage disposal brands and models. Our skilled plumbers are well-versed in installation techniques, guaranteeing precise fits and reliable performance. We source high-quality garbage disposals from reputable manufacturers, ensuring your investment in a new disposal lasts for years to come.
How We Install Garbage Disposals
Our garbage disposal installation process begins with a thorough assessment of your current plumbing setup and the specific disposal unit you desire. Our expert plumbers work closely with you to understand your needs and offer suitable recommendations. Upon selection, we procure the chosen garbage disposal and schedule a convenient installation time. Our plumbers arrive promptly, equipped with the necessary tools and equipment to complete the installation efficiently and with minimal disruption to your kitchen.
Trust a Qualified Plumber
Choosing R.C. Gochenour and Son Plumbing LLC for your garbage disposal installation ensures you’ll receive the highest level of professionalism and expertise. Our licensed plumbers undergo continuous training to stay updated on the latest industry trends and installation techniques. We prioritize customer satisfaction, and our courteous team ensures your preferences are met while adhering to local plumbing codes and regulations.
Advantage of Professional Garbage Disposal Installation
Professional garbage disposal installation provides several benefits that contribute to the long-term functionality of your kitchen. Our expert plumbers ensure a proper installation, preventing leaks and promoting optimal performance. A professionally installed garbage disposal efficiently disposes of food waste, reducing the risk of drain clogs and unpleasant odors, while enhancing the cleanliness and hygiene of your kitchen.
FAQs on Garbage Disposal Installation in Harrisonburg
Yes, it is possible to install a garbage disposal on your own if you have a good understanding of plumbing and electrical work, along with the necessary tools. However, it is essential to note that garbage disposal installation can be a complex task and may pose safety risks if not done correctly. It involves connecting the disposal unit to the sink drain and electrical supply, which requires careful handling.
For those without experience in plumbing or electrical work, it is highly recommended to hire a professional plumber or electrician for the installation. Professional plumbers have the expertise to ensure proper connections, avoiding leaks and potential hazards. Moreover, their knowledge ensures that the installation complies with local building codes, guaranteeing a safe and efficient garbage disposal system for your home.
Installing a new garbage disposal requires a good understanding of plumbing and electrical work. Here are the general steps to guide you through the process:
- Prepare: Turn off the power to the disposal at the circuit breaker and disconnect the old unit, if applicable.
- Assemble: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to assemble the new disposal.
- Mount: Install the mounting bracket and attach the disposal to it.
- Connect: Connect the disposal’s discharge tube to the drain pipe and secure it with a metal hose clamp.
- Wire: If your disposal has a power cord, connect it to an electrical outlet. If not, wire it directly to the electrical supply following local codes.
- Test: Turn on the power and run water to test the disposal for leaks and proper functioning.
If you are unsure about any step or lack experience in plumbing or electrical work, it is best to hire a professional plumber or electrician to ensure a safe and correct installation.
Properly plumbing a garbage disposal is essential for its efficient and safe operation. Here are the key steps to follow:
- Mounting: Securely attach the disposal to the mounting bracket under the sink using the provided screws.
- Discharge Tube: Connect the disposal’s discharge tube to the drain pipe using a metal hose clamp or a dishwasher drain connector if applicable.
- P-Trap: Install a P-trap under the sink to prevent sewer gasses from entering the kitchen. Connect one end to the disposal’s discharge tube and the other to the main drain.
- Air Gap (Optional): Some local codes may require an air gap to prevent backflow. If needed, install an air gap between the dishwasher drain hose and the disposal or sink.
- Electrical Wiring: If your disposal requires wiring, connect it to a dedicated electrical circuit according to local codes.
- Testing: Once everything is properly connected, test the disposal to ensure there are no leaks and that it operates smoothly.
If you are unsure about any step, it is best to consult a professional plumber for proper garbage disposal plumbing to ensure compliance with local codes and optimal functionality.